T & J

T & J
Lake Murray, SC

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas has come and gone!

Well, Christmas has come and gone.  The tree is down and the only thing left to do is take down the outside Christmas lights.  We had a nice Christmas but it felt like we didn't get to relax for a second.  My truck is still in the shop so I have been borrowing my mom's mini van and I am OH SO thankful for that.  On Christmas eve we went to visit J's grandparents.  They live about an hour away from us on a 92 acre farm.  They don't farm anything really, they only have property so I guess i shouldn't call it a farm.  They were delighted to have us.  Nan showed me their new portable fireplaces 4 times and all of their cats.  Pop showed me the rack from his latest buck and we had a nice lunch.  J made homemade mac & cheese and Nan taught me how to make deviled eggs.  I didn't tell her that I'm already a great cook! :)  After lunch we came back home to start preparing food to take to my mom and dads on Christmas Eve night.  We made our famous chicken dip along with pinwheel sandwiches.  We traditionally have a meal of appetizers at my parents on Christmas even and exchange gifts with my family.  We had a great time.  Me niece M had so many gifts I doubt she remembers what she go and from whom. I kept thinking forward in my head to next Christmas when I may be pregnant or the Christmas after that when there may be another little one with us.  Christmas morning I woke up at the ass crack of dawn and made hot chocolate for J and I and then I woke her up to exchange our gifts.  I love Christmas mornings with her and I still cant believe that this was our 4th Christmas together.  How awesome!!!  On Christmas day we went to my mom and dads again at noon and my extended family came for lunch.  This used to be a tradition at my Great Grandmothers home but she passes away in 2009. 

So... the truck is still in the shop, as I mentioned before.  No one can seem to figure out what is wrong with it.  As soon as I get paid on Friday I'm going to Dodgeland to buy a car.  I hope it goes as planned.  I honestly don't care what kind of car it is as long as it has 4 doors and is reliable.  I have been kind of bummed about this because I love my truck!!! LOVE it... but this is one of the things on my list before having a baby so I'm thinking positively! I mean, I cant be driving around in a big ass pick up truck with a baby in the car seat in the front! :)

Anyway... we had snow on the day after Christmas! Now, some of you may not think this is a big deal but it NEVER snows in SC and we were so excited about it!  J and I made snow cream for the first time and it was delicious!!!  Snow, Sugar, Milk and vanilla extract and you have a wonderful treat! 

 Oh, on the tracking front, AF was 5 days late this month so I have to recalculate things.  I still haven't bought any smilies because well, they are just so durn expensive but I will buy them soon.  I'm back on my healthy diet today.  I've been eating like a horse since the wedding and I've gained nearly 15 lbs back.  It shouldn't take me long to drop the weight as long as I stick to it!  I drew up an agreement for N, J and I to sign before we start trying to conceive.  Although I love N dearly and trust him when my life I felt like we needed some sort of legally binding agreement outlining the responsibilities and rights of each party involved.  I think it looks great.  I haven't shown it to him yet but I'm sure he wont have a problem with it.    Take Care everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment