T & J

T & J
Lake Murray, SC

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Cookies and My Piece of $#!? Truck!!!!!!!!

Christmas Cookie Factory

Mom and Dad's dog BooBoo

Kobe and his yard stick of bubble gum.

Well, our weekend was packed as usual.  Saturday morning we planned to have coffe with N.  We pulled out of our driveway and realized that my windshield wipers were not working.  Throughout the next 2 hours I realized that my horn, turn signals, brake lights and high beams were also not working.  I bought a new battery for my truck last week and had it installed and all of a sudden all of these things quit working.  After much frustration and many phone calls with the place that installed my battery, we diagnosed the problem.  My truck is now in the shop but I am borrowing my Mom's mini van.  I guess this mini van driving will prepare me for the future.:)  J and I were doing some Christmas shopping last night in the mini van and we were having a great time, enjoying eachother's company and really getting down to some rap songs on the radio until we realized...we are in a mini van. :) Anyway, coffee with N was great on Saturday morning.  After that we picked up my sweet as a caramel cream drop cousin Kobe.  He is my heart!  We made Christmas cookies with him all afternoon.  We had a cookie factory going for sure!  He ate as many as we packaged to give away.  Sunday morning we had breakfast at my Mom and Dad's and watched Kobe open his Christmas gifts from our side of the family.  Sunday afternoon we had our bi-weekly Sunday dinner.  This week it took place at N's house.  J and I created a new appetizer recipe that we call T&J's Chickn and friends. Its white meat chicken, medium buffalo sauce, bacon, scallions and ranch dressing, all mixed together sprinkled with cheese and baked! Served with tortilla chips of course! Everything was scrumptious!  I still have 1 more gift to buy for J and my Christmas shopping will be done.  I obviously will not be telling you all what it is just incase she actually decides to read my blog! :)  Today is our Christmas lunch at work and we have all brought gifts to exchange.  It should be a good day and a good week since my bosses will be leaving tomorrow for a Christmas vacation. 

On a baby note, I have tried to mention to my mom several times that J and I want to start trying to have a baby.  She often changes the subject.  I'm not sure if she just needs to wrap her mind around the idea or what but it hurts my feelings. Just saying.  I love Christmas and cant wait to have a little one to share the joys of this great season with!


On a sad note, a friend from high school passed away this weekend.  He was only 30 years old and it has really made me stop and appreciate all I have in my life.  I feel so sad for his family.  Christmas will never be the same for them again.  RIP Corey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment